Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My little Kobiashi

Every year, for some reason, we always end up watching the 4th of July Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest. I guess it's because our TV has the privilege of always being tuned in to ESPN. It's like watching a train wreck. These seemingly normal people are able to consume over 25 hot dogs in 10 minutes, and the winners are usually in the 30's. I can't imagine eating that many in a year, let alone a few minutes. For the past 6 years, Kobiashi has been the winner. Rob likes the way his name sounds (and I do to), so if we're eating too fast, or too much, we often will say things like, "slow down Kobiashi". While watching the contest, Melly had her banana. While watching all the contestants, she starts shoving her banana in her mouth, saying, "I Kobashi".


No comments: