Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Do I need any other reason to not garden anymore?

I love gardens, hate the work. I'm not a big fan of digging in the dirt when it's hot with bugs around. Now here's the icing on the cake as to why I will no longer be gardening and I will add this job to the "Boy's List". I was weeding the front gardens (literally in front of the house), and it had maybe 3 small piles of weeds. I spent 20 minutes pulling out some clover, grass and baby trees that sprouted from our acorns. I went inside and noticed I had a bug bite. "Bummer" I thought. I neurotically washed my arms up to my shoulders as I always do after being outside in the garden and then rewarded myself for actually going outside to weed. 2 days later, I get my reward for being a good little gardener. POISON SUMAC!! Oh, but that sweet little bug did me the extra favor of injecting the poison right into my skin. This is what happened and how my arm looked for 2 weeks. It's only now just starting to look like skin again.

1 comment:

Supersonic Mama said...

Just count your lucky stars it wasn't Lyme Disease!!! I know someone who had that and it was 100 times infinity worse than your silly little rash. :P