Friday, July 11, 2008

It's a miracle!!

Today, Melody went into a swimming pool! I can't believe it! We had a busy morning. I started off the day at the DMV to get my license renewed (which, by the way, took me only about 15 minutes, and everyone was very nice!) Then I rushed to the mall to return the tank top at the Gap that was too small. (If you remember, I bought the medium in a moment of elation at the fact that I actually fit into a size 6 jeans). When I got to the mall, I was a big old goober and forgot the mall doesn't open until 10 (it was about 9:30), so we walked around until the Gap opened. I did my business, then whisked off to Aimee's house as she had kindly invited everyone over to swim. I had a swim diaper in the bag, that has probably been in there since May (the last time I could get her in the water). She reluctantly got into her swim diaper, and ran around the yard playing with it on for a while. I got in the pool, called her over, and was able to rip off her socks and shoes, and get her in there before she knew any better. I spun her around in the water a bit, made a game of it, and behold! The pool is actually fun! She then walked around the pool saying, "Look at me! I swimming! Everyone look at me!" Aimee was able to take a picture as proof, and I'll post that when I get a copy.

No comments: