Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Sock-pants

We went to Addison's Baptism the other day, and I pulled out my little tomboy's summer dresses (with tags on) to find one appropriate for a fall day. I run to the discount children's store in town to buy stockings, a sweater and some dressier shoes to wear. I cringe at putting the dress on her, since she usually tugs at it and asks me to take it off. I start off with the stockings (which were nice and thick) and Melody says, "Ooooooh! Sock-pants! I like them!" So I was pleasantly surprised and kept talking about the sock-pants hoping she wouldn't notice that I was also putting on a dress, sweater and shoes. (Although they looked like dress shoes, they had the sole of a sneaker. I wanted her to look nice, but I'm not crazy!) We go through the whole day taking pictures (for proof) of Melly looking like a little girl.
Yesterday I'm getting her dressed and she asked to wear her sock-pants. I told her that she would have to wear them with a dress or skirt, and she said, "OK!" My little girl is becoming just that! A GIRL!

No comments: